Wednesday 29 August 2007

Lost in Translation


I've been looking forward to last night for months....and it certainly lived up to expectations...I came home on an enormous high with a giant smile plastered across my face. Trudy said 'So tonight went well then? How was Joseph? Where did you go for drinks then?' I had been excitedly jabbering about seeing Joseph since she moved to mine for a few days. I realised then how easy it was to get things lost in translation.....my date had been a fantastic rollercoaster of emotions and the euphoria I felt......was shared (sadly!) with a few hundred other rapturous souls who had also been with me watching Lee Mead (swoon) perform in Joseph at the Adelphi. God he's good. I've still got a huge smile and a warm fuzzy feeling even now which it has to be said compares extremely favourably against most of the dates I've ever been on, but dosen't quite compare against Hugh Jackman in Oklahoma in 2002. Don't panic Hugh, you are still No.1 in my affections for 'Men who are gorgeous but can't have as they're too famous/married/made-up(Viggo Mortenssen is No.2)' as I had a smile for at least a week after sitting in the second row from the front in very close proximity to his gorgeous half naked and beautiful singingness. Ahhhh. Lee Mead is tied at No.2 with Viggo. The guy selling programs at the theatre was so funny...I had the choice of normal program or a full colour show souvenir featuring ' a free poster of Lee in a loincloth' said in a very camp manner - be still my beating heart! I restrained myself - just.

2 comments:

JackieStockton said...

Hi
I hope you don’t mind me replying to your blog post. I received a copy of it through my google alert for Lee Mead. As you enjoyed the show so much I thought you might like to visit our website at www.leemead.org.uk and say hello. We are just a bunch of ladies who admire Lee and his talents. It’s a very friendly place and you are very welcome to join. You can always just lurk for a bit beforehand while you decide if you like us or not!

My name is JackieStockton and I am Moderator on the forum. If you decide to join us please say hello.

Trinity said...

HeY Miss!! Just printed your blog! It has been great, thanks for a lovely time! Hopefully Belize will be great. Of to a rocky start, but probably things will turn ou great that way. I'll be just across the canal! Ciao bella! Trudy